Leopard print is one of those classic but daring prints. It can either look amazing or… not great. As you wear it, you learn how to incorporate the print in your style. As everything, practice is key! But it is never a bad idea to look out for tips to help get it right on the first time, or improve what you already know.
- One of the best colors to match leopard print with during the day is white. It gives the look a lighter, fresher feel than black. Red can also look really good if you don’t go overboard with it. If it is a really bright shade of red, it is better to leave it to the details. Another good (and probably the best) option is to divide the color combination by blocks. For example: if you wear a leopard print coat, go for a red shoe. This way the two informations won’t conflict with each other.
Other colors Leopard prints goes well with: black, purple, tan and dark green.
- If you don’t want the leopard print to be the focus of your outfit, details is key. Small touches and accessories with the print is also the way to incorporate it even when you don’t have a lot of creative freedom with what you can wear.
- Because the leopard is seen as more of a sexy print, it is usually better to wear more oversized clothes with it. Of course there are brands like Dolce & Gabbana that do amazing bodycom leopard printed clothes, but they are an exception. If you want to go for this shape though, an oversized jacket and a pair of flats might balance out the sexiness. But if you want to go all out, no problem with it…
- Talking about shoes, leopard print shoes are an amazing accessory and a must have item in your wardrobe. They are a complete outfit changer; they can make a really simple outfit go from a 5 to a 10. Heels are sexier and can sometimes seem a little bit dated, but this doesn’t mean they are a bad idea. If worn well, they can look modern, fresh, and even elegant. Flats can be a little more girlie and a perfect supporting role for an outfit. A leopard print sneaker is a perfect in-between of the tomboy and girlie style. The sporty appeal of sneaker balances out with the sexiness of the leopard print, turning it in one of the most interesting, comfortable and (surprisingly) versatile pair of shoes.
- Don’t take it too seriously. Don’t let the print call more attention than you.
One of the easiest ways to look like a fashion victim or, as some would say, ridiculous, is by not adding a little bit of you in the outfit. If you look at your fashion muses, they will probably be wearing something that matches their personality and lifestyle. Don’t expect for the same formula to work for everybody, because they are meant to be adapted to and by each of us. What will ultimately make or break the outfit is your personality.
- What do you think of leopard prints? Do you have any tips or tricks on how to wear it?